“If you are silent about your pain, they’ll kill you and say you enjoyed it.”
― Zora Neale Hurston
Happy New Year, all!
Talent is insignificant. I know a lot of talented ruins. Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck, but most of all, endurance. -James Baldwin
2017 is almost over. These past twelve months were filled with landmarks for my writing career: My first professional publication, getting two pro sales under my belt for SFWA qualification, a Rhysling nomination for my poetry, my first ever pro sale being on the Nebula Suggested Reading List…
…and without further ado, dear readers/followers, the obligatory Awards Eligible List of my works for 2017…!
- “Through Dreams She Moves”, longlisted for the 2015 Carter V Cooper (Vanderbilt)/Exile $15,000 Short Fiction Competition; appearing in the UnCommon Minds anthology, January 2017
- “Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig”, “Mondays Are Murder” Series, Akashic Books, Feb 6th, 2017
- “A Question Of Faith“, BookSmugglers, July 11th, 2017.
(On the The Nebula Awards Suggested Reading List)
- “To Have And To Hold” (flash fiction), Polar Borealis Magazine, July/August 2017
- “Strange Ink” (poem), Polar Borealis Magazine, July/August 2017
- “Let Me In” (poem), “ALLIGATORS IN THE SEWERS” Unnerving Magazine chapbook
“A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.” ~ Marcus Garvey
I attended CanCon! (www.can-con.org)
Public report incoming; I talk about the most important thing that I did/happened to me at CanCon in my Patreon update…(link below)
My poem, “Strange Ink”, appears in Polar Borealis Magazine,’s July/August 2017 issue!
Alligators In The Sewers, an Unnerving Magazine chapbook, contains my poem, “Let Me In”!
Skiffy and Fanty Podcast interview me in their Signal Boost feature
I was part of Cat Rambo’s roundtable discussion on the #BlackSpecFic reports and what do no next for SFWA
New update in my Patreon!
It starts around the 17:45 mark, here.
Let me know what you think!